The other day I came across a situation I have not seen before. One of the guys I work with gained access to a Windows 2008 box that was joined to a domain. The LSA secrets did not reveal anything useful, no domain users were currently logged on, and password reuse wasn’t the case here. However, and this is the interesting part, it turned out that the computer itself was part of the “Domain Admins” group. A quick migrate to a system process and “net user /add /domain” worked! Domain compromised and I am now looking into reasons for adding a host to administrative groups. I imagine it must be some lazy fix…
I’ve been looking into various tools for use in OSX and came across this article. The biggest idea I got out of it was:
The key to better productivity: separate writing, coding and publishing into clearly distinct sequences and find the best tools for doing each
I realized that I’ve been trying to do all of it at the same time and it usually got too frustrated to write more or better.